Difrent has an ambitious growth plan (we have grown from £4.2m to £9m in the last 10 months) that will see us delivering digital services across Government, Healthcare and FTSE 250 clients.
Our culture is founded on passion, creativity and straight talking. As a business we are fun and want people to be who they really are. The two owners have huge amounts of drive, ambition and have created an awesome brand.You can listen to the two of them in action on this podcast; https://www.tech-talks.co.uk/podcasts/steve-dhillon-and-rachel-murphy
We’re now looking for a proactive and experienced Operations Coordinator.
Purpose of Role
Working as part of the team, providing operational support for finance functions, payroll, onboarding, and offboarding. Coordinating the company’s processes, procedures and initiatives.
● Head of Operations ( Line Manager)
● Delivery Director
● Managing Director
● Delivery Managers
● Deployment Consultants
● Finance company
Key Responsibilities and tasks
● Management of the accounts payables and receivables: invoicing, payment control.
● Management of the company expenses
● Management of invoices and invoice funding
● Management of financial payments including payroll
● Proactive and ongoing communication with all stakeholders, providing
updates and reports where necessary
● Oversee the general operations and facilities of the London office
Organising / Coordinating
● Coordinate monthly and fortnightly timesheets within teams in delivery and
● Organise and coordinate employee and contractor onboarding
● Organise, coordinate and timetable induction agendas for permanent employees
● Organise office and company events and initiatives
● Organise office equipment and supplies
● Producing internal financial reports
● Onboard and offboard clients to Difrent’s systems
● Onboard and offboard contractors to Difrent’s systems and tools
● Onboard and offboard employees to Difrent’s systems and tools
● Pull reports from operation systems, Sonovate, Toucan, FireFish, FlexR etc.
● Support the Operations team introducing new processes and procedures
● Support and advise the Head of Operations of improvements needed to processes and procedures
● Support the Head of Operations in times of absence and/or when required
● Support the Delivery managers with timekeeping, reports, expenses needed.
● Preparation of internal project reports as an input for meetings, forecasting and business strategy.
● Support with research into new sectors/regions/countries when required
● Provide information by answering questions and requests
● Be a cultural ambassador: promoting initiatives both internally and externally when needed
● Contribute and support continuous improvement of systems, practices and policies ensuring, they underpin Difrent’s culture
● Acts professionally and represents Difrent positively
● Acts with discretion, understanding the importance of confidentiality with highly sensitive information
● Travel to other offices may be required from time to time
● Finance knowledge
● Excellent attention to detail
● Strong coordination and organisational skills
● Excellent verbal and interpersonal skills, with ability to communicate in a confident manner both via telephone and in-person.
● Experience dealing with highly confidential information with discretion
● Educated to degree level
● Experienced in managing a varied and changing workload
● Confident and collaborative self-starter with initiative
● Creative thinking “outside the box” to providing solutions and solving problems
● Proven experience of multi-tasking administrative projects through to completion
● Excellent presentation, written and verbal communication skills
● Good knowledge of MS Office in particular Excel (finance reports)
● Well organised; ability to prioritise; attention to detail; a pragmatic approach
● Energetic, good-humored, pragmatic - a credible team player
This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of the responsibilities for this role. Other responsibilities may be added from time to time.
If you're an ambitious professional looking for an exciting new challenge with a company that offers genuine career progression and personal development, this is a fantastic opportunity to join us at a really exciting time!
Our team comes from a variety of backgrounds and we welcome diversity – if you’re unsure, please apply! Please note that candidates will need to apply for a DBS/criminal record check.
Salary: Circa £25,000 + comprehensive benefits package including annual membership for online training courses + 24 days holiday + 2 charity days + pension